Archive for the ‘Chef recommends’ Category
Péter Bolyki joined the hotel having already established himself as a highly skilled professional in a number of countries. He had been working for Hapag Lloyd MS Hanseatic, Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Palais Auersperg and
the Adventure Catering and Schönbrunn Orangerie. We invite you to cook with us and try Péter’s favorites.
THAI RED CURRY WITH ASPARAGUS AND TOFU
1 tbsp. peanut oil | 150 gramm tofu | cut into triangles | 0,1 liter unsweetened coconut milk,
25 gramm red curry paste | 1 liter vegetable broth | 2 tbsp. soy sauce | 1 tbsp. light brown
sugar | 1 medium red bell pepper | thinly sliced | 1 piece kafir leaves | 1 slice galangal |
2 slices ginger and 1 thai lemongras | 50 gramm asparagus, tough ends removed | cut into
3 cm pieces | cooked rice or rice noodles | lime wedges and cilantro leaves for serving
• Heat peanut oil in large wok or pan over medium high heat. Add tofu triangles and cook for 3 minutes; flip tofu over and cook 3 minutes more on other side. Place tofu on a plate lined with paper towels .
• Return the pan to medium-high heat, add the coconut milk and cook, stirring
constantly, until it thickens (about 2 minutes). Stir in red curry paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
• Add broth, soy sauce, kafir leaves, galangal, ginger, lemongras and sugar. Once sauce comes add the asparagus and cook 3 minutes more. Return tofu to the pan and stir until coated with curry sauce. Remove from heat and serve over noodles or rice; garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.
Esterhazy cake – modern style preserving the tradition
100 g Wgg Yolk
300 g Egg Whites
425 g Sugar
50 g Flour
3 g Ground Cinnamon
625 g Cream
250g White Chocolate
75 g Trimoline
375 g Almond pralines
200g Milk Chocolate
125 g Dark Chocolate
150 g Butter
1. Preheat the oven at 210° C.
2. Make the sponge base: Whip the egg white with sugar until stiff, then mix in the flour, ground almond and ground cinnamon.
3. Place the mix on silicone baking paper and cook in a pre-heated oven at 210° C.
4. Make the ganache: Heat the cream with trimoline (invert syrup) to 90° C; pour on to the combined milk chocolate, dark chocolate and almond praline. When the ganache has cooled to 40° C, add the butter and mix to a smooth consistency using a blender.
5. Make the almond cream: Heat the milk, cream, sugar and egg yolk to 84° C; add the soaked gelatine sheets then pour onto the white chocolate and mix using a blender. Finally, stir in the ground, roasted almonds, place in a fridge and use the following day.
6. To finish and compile the Esterhazy Cake: When the sponge effect bases were cool down spread evenly the ganache onto the layers.
7. To serve, decorate tastefully with the cold almond cream. Beside of this you can use white chocolate layers, crispy wafers or pickled cherry as well.
Marinated and seared sea scallop with lime air and rouille
(Recipe for 2 persons)
- Sea scallops 6 pcs
- Grated ginger 10 gr
- Fresh lemon juice 20 ml
- Extra virgin olive oil 50 ml
- Fresh sprouts 15 gr
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Red bell pepper 1 pc
- Baked potato 1 pc
- Tomato purée 1 tbsp
- Egg yolk 1 pc
- Garlic glove 1 pc
- Salt & cayenne pepper to taste
- Olive oil 125 ml
- Croutons 4 pcs
- Micro herbs for decoration
- Dried black olive powder
- Spinach pesto
- Red bell pepper coulis
- Lime juice 225 gr
- Water 275 gr
- Lecite 1.5 gr
• Place 1 roasted red pepper, deseeded, in a food processor with
flesh of the baked potato, tomato purée, egg yolk, garlic clove
and the seasoning.
• Work the ingredients in the machine to a puree, then add the
extra virgin olive oil while the machine is running and work
until smooth and thick. Taste for seasoning. Set aside.
• Toast the croutons and pipe some of the rouille on the
• For the different colored rouille remove the bell peppers and
add Fresh spinach juice, and for the yellow add Saffron.
• Slice the scallops to marinate evenly in 4 thin slices, sprinkle
with the salt, grated ginger then dressing with extra virgin
olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
and sear in a hot non stick pan with olive oil, for a minute or
two until slightly caramelized or browned, do not overcook
• Mix the 3 ingredients in a bowl, place the hand blender on
the surface of the liquid and activate to produce the foam,
leave to stabilise for one minute and collect the lime air
formed on the surface.
• On a plate, start by placing the sliced marinated scallop in a
rosace shape, then the colourful rouille croutons and the hot
• Decorate with items listed and finish with the lime air