Esterhazy cake – modern style preserving the tradition
100 g Wgg Yolk
300 g Egg Whites
425 g Sugar
50 g Flour
3 g Ground Cinnamon
625 g Cream
250g White Chocolate
75 g Trimoline
375 g Almond pralines
200g Milk Chocolate
125 g Dark Chocolate
150 g Butter
1. Preheat the oven at 210° C.
2. Make the sponge base: Whip the egg white with sugar until stiff, then mix in the flour, ground almond and ground cinnamon.
3. Place the mix on silicone baking paper and cook in a pre-heated oven at 210° C.
4. Make the ganache: Heat the cream with trimoline (invert syrup) to 90° C; pour on to the combined milk chocolate, dark chocolate and almond praline. When the ganache has cooled to 40° C, add the butter and mix to a smooth consistency using a blender.
5. Make the almond cream: Heat the milk, cream, sugar and egg yolk to 84° C; add the soaked gelatine sheets then pour onto the white chocolate and mix using a blender. Finally, stir in the ground, roasted almonds, place in a fridge and use the following day.
6. To finish and compile the Esterhazy Cake: When the sponge bases were cool down spread evenly the ganache onto the layers.
7. To serve, decorate tastefully with the cold almond cream. Beside of this you can use white chocolate layers, crispy wafers or pickled cherry as well.